You found the house of your dreams and you need to close quick to beat out all of the other offers. How can you make sure that your loan doesn't slow down the process? Here are the top tips to line things up for a quick close:
1. Get all of your paperwork ready from Day 1 (one month's paystubs, two year's W2s, two month's bank statements, copy of driver's license)
2. Get the disclosures signed right away (authorization forms, intent to proceed, etc)
3. Ask about having the appraisal RUSHED - it will cost an extra $100 but it will reduce the turnaround time from 7 days to two days.
4. Get your letters of explanation ready - have your loan officer review the credit report with you upfront. Chances are, there are recent inquiries, maybe multiple home addresses, possible lates or collections, etc. These items will require a short statement that is signed and dated to explain what happened.
5. Ask for the estimated settlement statement - the sooner escrow or attorney starts working on those numbers, the better. No need to wait until the last minute and have it slow down the process.
Hope that helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions at 949.667.2887 or email@example.com.
- Brian Nguyen is a senior loan consultant (NMLS 659743) who learned more about this stuff than he ever intended to. The opinions expressed here are solely his own.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly